Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Report all income and household changes in writing within 10 days of the change. Please call the office to make an appointment for any changes in your income/household.
- Read Tenancy Addendum - Attach this forms to your Lease Agreement. Please know your responsibility under contract and lease agreement.
- Pay your rent on time. Pay only the portion Benton Harbor Housing Commission has authorized.
- Maintain all utilities at your unit and pay your utilities on time. Only if it states utilities must be paid by tenant in your lease agreement.
- Report all repairs to your landlord. Take a note pad and write down the day, date & time you called to keep for your records. Make yourself available so repairs can be completed in a timely manner.
- Tenant is responsible for paying Security Deposit to the landlord on all rental property.
- Give proper notice in writing to Landlord and B.H.H.C. when you intend to vacate the property. Give a 30-day written notice to both parties.
Grounds for Termination:
- Refusal for failure to provide information pertaining to your eligibility or willingly provide misleading, incomplete or inaccurate information.
- Failure to report any changes in your household composition or income within 10 days of the change.
- Making rental payments to your landlord for more than the amount authorized by the B.H.H.C.
- Moving before the lease expires and/or not giving 30-day written notice to the landlord and B.H.H.C.
- Tenant cannot leave owing rent and damages to the landlord upon vacating the property. All rent and damages must be paid in full before you can use your Portability in another State or City.